Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: PocketPC firewalls

From: "Williams Jon" <WilliamsJonathan () JohnDeere com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:44:48 -0500

That was the take we've had for a while, although recent changes (i.e.
certain iPAQs coming with built in 802.11 access, etc.) have made us
question that.  Hopefully, these machines won't have mission critical
data on them, but many of the users I know sync their email and address
books to their PDAs, so some users might inadvertantly have important
information we wouldn't want leaking.  For normal files, we're also
looking at file-level encryption, but since we were looking at the PDA
security question, we wanted to make sure we hadn't overlooked anything.

Thanks.

Jon