Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Router Internet Monitoring

From: George Peek <GKPeek () AllstateTicketing com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:21:53 -0700

Problem with Pix is it is logging literally everything, hence we have
multiple DMZs.. for frame, dial-up, internet, internal, etc. I have not
fully explored filtering, we use Kiwi Syslog Daemon for logging but the file
grows extremely huge. In the future, SQL solution (which it supports) will
be implemented but for now I need something live to monitor.

Can you use the Cisco Pix Device Manager to filter the log?