Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Link level security with static arp tables

From: "Sloane, David" <DSloane () vfa com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:12:57 -0400

Would it be easier to solve this at a switch?  If you have a switch
capable of filtering by mac-address (or mac-based VLANS), you'll
probably get better performance all around.  The last time I talked to a
Cisco tech about VLAN options, I was told that VLAN's on Cisco switches
perform best using MAC-address lists.

So a VLAN could isolate the traffic.  Or an access-list.  It depends on
your switch and what kind of filtering it supports.

-David