Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Licensing Errors in Symentec EF

From: "Nestor Cabrera" <nestorlcabrera () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 13:22:59 -0400

Hi all. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this or maybe has seen
this before.
I'm running a Symantec Raptor (Enterprise FW) 7.0 on a Windows NT SP6a server on a small
10-15 user network. Over the past several days I've been receiving "License
Limit Exceeded" errors. I have a license for 100 clients  and for some
reason it's reaching it limit and cutting off connections. Another item that
seems odd is that I did a search for all IP's that had the error associated
with them and discovered that the IP's increased sequentially for my
internal IP block, i.e. my interal IP range is 192.168.0.1 and the IP's went
from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.0.100, when I do not have that many hosts on my
network! My question is if this could be a possible symptom of a scan or
worm and if so how would I prevent this from occurring further? Thank you.