Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Cisco VPN client behind a Netscreen

From: Luigi Mori <lm () symbolic it>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:10:46 +0100

I have recently implemented a Netscreen 50 and I have users behind it that use a Cisco VPN client to connect to a Cisco Pix which I have no control over. Their VPN client is not functioning properly. Currently I have a policy allowing outbound traffic any from all inside. Does anyone know if I also need to create an IPSEC policy for inbound traffic? Thanks, Aram Smith

Is the NetScreen doing some network address translation on your traffic ?
You need a NAT-T enabled IPSec to establish a tunnel trough a NAT device.
--
Luigi Mori
Network Security Manager

SYMBOLIC S.p.A.