Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Evaluating Firewall

From: Ravi <ravivsn () roc co in>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 18:25:18 +0530

Hi vineet,
As RKP rightly suggested you test for common ALG support like MSN gaming ZOne,HTTPS etc.,

Do vulnerability scanning for the firewall.Search in the internet for utilities like nessus etc.,

Regards,
Ravi

Rama krishna prasad wrote:
Hi Vineet,

Other things which you may would like to consider are:
   1. Common attack detection and prevention.
   2. ALG Support (There are some applications that don't work
           without ALG support such as H.323, FTP, RTSP, SQL*NET,
               based on your requirement DNS for twice NAT)
   3. Performance.
   4. Flexible user interface.    5. Type of NAT support.
Analyze your security requirements and make sure that firewall satisfies your needs. "

From
RKP

Vineet Mehta wrote:

Recently I was asked to evaluate Securepoint 3.0 firewall. On what basis
one should evaluate this firewall? Some of the points i can think of
are:

1) Reports details/format
2) Managebility
3) Stability
4) Modules/Features

Any more points or detailed things I should consider in evaluating this
firewall? Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks

Regards,

--

The views presented in this mail are completely mine. The company is not
responsible for whatsoever.

ROC home page <http://www.roc.co.in>