Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: sendmail spamming

From: "Behm, Jeffrey L." <BehmJL () bvsg com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:06:44 -0500

Just be sure that by taking out the smarthost entry that any "legitimate"
emails the webserver may be sending out are still working properly. I.E. Did
the marketing folks stop receiving "information requests" about your company
after you made the change, say, from a form on the webpage that ultimately
uses sendmail to deliver the message?

You might want to double check that you didn't "break" someone's legitimate
use of sendmail from your webserver, or at least be aware that it might be
broken and you'll need to solve that issue some other way.

Jeff

sendmail. I also
found that in the sendmail.cf , our mailserver was listed as the
"smarthost".
That got changed pretty quick. The formmail has been deleted as well.
Things have gotten much quieter on the mail server since.

--
Robert E Martin
IT Manager