Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Fw: What challenges are security admins facing?

From: pammann () execomm net (Paul Ammann)
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 17:10:51 -0700

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who responed. A lot of issues we have in place --
firewall change control, etc. -- we do have in place. I was curious as to
what problems/issues others in my industry were facing. By the emails,
many of you helped enlighten me some more.

I think 2 areas that are completely overlooked at web servers and remote
users. For the web servers, I've looked at web application firewalls such
as Sanctum and Kavado. The industry is still relatively new, but I think
the demand for these products will decline as web servers mature.

As for remote users, there has been discussion about personal distributed
firewalls. We've had 2 major viruses hit us because of remote users. In
this area, my favorite is Sygate.

Best regards,

Paul