Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

What challenges are security admins facing?

From: pammann () execomm net (Paul Ammann)
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 07:48:42 -0700

Hi

I've working on the firewall security audit at my company, and I've been
getting exposure to many different areas that I normally wouldn't. I work
with the Check Point firewalls. I'm curious as to what people challenges
security admin are facing.

I'm talking things you might not normally take into consideration. For
example, lack of communication or documentation, inaccurrate network
drawings of firewall locations, no formal change control procedure,
tracking temporary firewall rules, limiting access to firewall policies
and log information, or my favorite, no procedure for when an employee has
left the company or change job functions.

Best regards,

Paul