Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: help in firewall

From: Paul Robertson <proberts () patriot net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:01:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 28 May 2003, karthikeyan c wrote:

hi,
   we are interested in implementing a firewall using java.we would like
to know whether this project is feasible or not.your valuable
suggestions are welcomed to c_karthi_keyan () mail com
                 thank you,

Like most things, the answer is "it depends."  Can you, sure, it's been
done before, and no doubt will be done again.  Is it the best language for
implementing a firewall?  I don't happen to think that any language that
wants that large of a runtime environment is a good language for a
security application.

Paul