Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Evaluating Firewall

From: "Ruud Kenbeek" <ruud () tunix nl>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:41:58 +0200

Hello Vineet,

With all respect to the people who reacted previously, I think you should
evaluate a firewall on three major point:

1) Security
2) Security and
3) Security

All other point mentioned by yourself and others are secondairy to this. I
can build you a perfect firewall that's manageble, speedy, etc, but if it's
not secure you've got nothing.

With kind regards,
Ruud Kenbeek

r] [fw-wiz] Evaluating Firewall
r] Vineet Mehta vineet () linux com kw
r] Sat May 3 13:01:47 2003
r]
r]     * Previous message: [fw-wiz] Protecting a datacentre with a firewall
r]     * Next message: [fw-wiz] Evaluating Firewall
r]     * Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
r]
r] --=-HodNDUnKsKCfgv2qY8Pm
r] Content-Type: text/plain
r] Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
r]
r] Recently I was asked to evaluate Securepoint 3.0 firewall. On what basis
r] one should evaluate this firewall? Some of the points i can think of
r] are:
r]
r] 1) Reports details/format
r] 2) Managebility
r] 3) Stability
r] 4) Modules/Features
r]
r] Any more points or detailed things I should consider in evaluating this
r] firewall? Any suggestion is welcome.
r]
r] Thanks
r]
r] Regards,
r] --=20
r] Vineet Mehta
r] System Engineer
r] Kuwait Linux Company
r] Kuwait
r] Ph-2419009/2413838 Ext 116
r] <vineet [at] linux [dot] com [dot] kw>
r] www.linux.com.kw
r]