Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Pix to Pix VPN IPSec w/ PAT

From: "Justin C. Laporte" <jlaporte () apextechgroup com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:46:01 -0500

You only need to create an ACL to allow the two local networks on each side of you PIX's and apply them to a NAT 0 to
bypass NAT for your IPSEC tunnel. And a Global NAT statement for all your PAT which can even be overloaded on the
external interface. And in V 6.2(3) you can even DHCP the external interface of the PIX with all this. So business
grade cable is not even needed nor will you need two address, assuming you can get a static address from your cable
provider or at least a cable provider that caches your MAC address so that it is embedded in their DHCP scope and you
most always get the same address you will be fine. The rest of the CRYTPO and ISAKMP configuration for the two devices
the easiest part.

_____________________________
Justin Laporte CCNA,CCDA, MCP
Network Architect
The Apex Technology Group, Inc.
20 Westminster Street 5th Floor
Providence, RI 02903
Office  401-277-3000
Fax     401-277-1011
Mobile  401-465-3617
http://www.apextechgroup.com
mailto:jlaporte () apextechgroup com

The information contained in this email message is confidential and may contain proprietary information. Any review or
use of the information contained in this email message by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify The Apex Technology Group immediately by telephone at 401.277.3000
and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Thank you for your compliance.