Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Log consolidator engine service stopping

From: Brian Gardner <gardnerb () ci lake-havasu-city az us>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:47:41 -0700

I am running Firewall-1 NG, FP2 on a Windows 2000 server machine.  Abount
every 5 minutes the log consolidator service will stop running.  I can start
it again both from the "Start log consolidator engine" menu and from the
services control panel, but it quits shortly thereafter.  This causes the
problem that when I try to install the log consolidator policy, it fails
with the error could not obtain engine status.  Trying to stop or start the
engine or obtain the status from within the policy editor has the same
error.  I believe this also causes some of the reports from the Reporting
Tool to come back with an error.  For example, the "Top Surfer" report comes
back with "No data available for report-top surfers".  Many other reports
have same error, although some reports like "Top mail users" do run
successfully.

Is this normal behavior for the log consolidator?  Checkpoints web site
doesn't list anything related.  Any help is much appreciated.

Brian Gardner
Network Administrator