Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Cyberguard and filtering of FTP on non-standard ports.

From: LE CORVIC Y InfoEdpEtcDep <Yoann.Le-Corvic () socgen com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:50:01 +0100

Hi all,

I have a question concerning filtering FTP on non standard ports.

I want to allow access to an FTP server behind a Cyberguard, but this server
is listening on high ports (for exemple 2021, 2020).
I wanted to know if it is possible to configure this firewall  to handle
"intelligent filtering" of FTP communication (PORT command monitoring or
PASV command pmonitoring), on ports other that 20 and 21. Any ideas would be
appreciated.

Thanks