Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: websiite log transfers from exposed to internal nets :

From: "Sloane, David" <DSloane () vfa com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:48:41 -0400

Richard,

I thoroughly enjoyed your post - especially the methodology for selecting a
solution.

One question - what brought you to this conclusion?

We want the secure area to connect to the unsecure area.

It has always seemed safer to me to connect from the secure area to the
unsecure.  When the unsecure system is compromised, it has fewer attack
vectors to internal systems.

Can you elaborate on your preference?

-David