Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: HTTPS, proxies, and remote developers.

From: "Hilal Hussein" <hilalma () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:03:14 +0000

Dear All,

I am using a software that will probe the ip connection to the internet, and report about the status of the ports " either opened, closed, or stealth"

the software called IP Agent, which when executing will open the link "http://grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1bi2l2=ryroe2p0"; and result will be shown.

I applied the above procedure in a proxy server in my company, win2k + Internet sharing (ISA) + winroute (as a firewall), and the result after probing the real ip giving by ISP1 was that all ports are stealth.

based on this result, i would like to ask the following questions:
Q1: Is winroute is one of the best firewall in term of packet filtering, NAT ?

Q2: is there anyone who already used the IPAgent software, so can tell me about the accuracy of this software? and is there any other software that works for the internet connection security analysis in the workstation?

Q3: is there anyway to do the internet connection security analysis to a PIX firewall ?

Notice, in my company, i have two ISP's. one directly connected to the proxy server (win2k, isa, winroute), and the other is connected directly through the PIX Firewall.

Your comments & feedback are really appreciated,

with regards,

Hilal Hussein