Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Cisco VPN Client "Stateful Firewall (Always On)"

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () ranum com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 21:15:33 -0400

 Need some opinions on a firewall solution for our notebook computers.

I _really_ like this one personal firewall called "Tiny Personal Firewall"
from Tiny Software. It used to be a very bare-bones, efficient, and free
solution and (best of all!) it knew how to syslog events to a server.
I think they charge for it now and have added features. They used to
have a thing called "Tiny Trojan Trap" that would let you "jail"
applications (like Outlook...) so they could only read/write to a single
directory, etc. I think the personal firewall now includes a mix of
features.

Worth looking into, in my opinion...

mjr.