Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: OT: Av and Gartner...

From: Luca Berra <bluca () comedia it>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:15:42 +0200

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 06:09:31PM -0500, John Keeton wrote:
Slightly OT here.
In corporate land, where does everyone have AV installed? Currently, we
have desktop, NT servers, and email gateway. I am thinking that we need
http/ftp scanning via ICAP from our proxy, but Gartner[1] says http/ftp scanning is uneeded. I don't know if I agree.. -OR- Are people installing malicious code detection software, like www.finjan.com??
http/ftp scanning is a nice idea, the only little problem is how you
would deal with ssl connections. if you don't deal with https, then
don't worry about http scanning.

[1] At my employ Gartner is god.
don't worry too much, next time Gartner will state just the opposite,
so you just have to stick to gartners recomendations that suits you
:))))

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca () comedia it