Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

HTML Emails and Firewall Security

From: Ron Suarez <rsuarez () videotron ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:23:43 -0400

Hi all,

I've been reading that HTML email can compromise network security. Because
if this, some companies filter out html email. Even Microsoft has decided to
disable the HTML function in the default installation of upcoming versions
of Microsoft Outlook.

I'm curious how many of you also see this as a threat to your network and
also filter out html emails?

I am also seeing more and more B2B marketing departments send html email
(eNewsletters) as part of their strategy. I'm thinking that their emails
aren't being received properly by their clients or received at all.

What are your thoughts?

Ron