Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Antivirus on a free UN*X (Linux/*BSD) platform

From: David Lang <david.lang () digitalinsight com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 15:36:58 -0800 (PST)

slightly off topic, is there any firewall besides checkpoint that uses
this 'industry standard' CVP? (last time I looked a couple years ago there
was not)

there are several ways to have a firewal configured to route all e-mail
through an external filter, either on the same box or on a different box.
going all the way back to the FWTK smap that puts the incoming main as a
file in a directory that then gets scooped up to be sent, in between you
can apply any other filter programs that you want. you can also configure
sendmail/postfix/whatever to take all mail it receives on port 25 and send
it to an external box and only deliver mail from that box to the
recipiant.

David Lang