Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: VMware (or else) in different areas/dmz

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <proberts () patriot net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:55:14 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Siebenkaes Stefan wrote:

What about your opinions on that?
Does anybody run virtual machines in DIFFERENT zones?
Are there any known security issues (besides bad configuration) on
communication between virtual machines on VMWare or comparable
software?

I don't know what your server platform is, but I've seen Linux 2.4.x
kernels switch interface order between reboots in a stock RH 8.0 setup.
First boot, it was eth0, now it's eth1- very fun for multihomed machines.

Paul