Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: terminal services

From: "Noonan, Wesley" <Wesley_Noonan () bmc com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:13:08 -0600

I don't have time to track down the research for you, but I would point you
in the direction of comparing using a VPN as opposed to using TS. You would,
IMHO, be better served to use a VPN to establish the connection, then tunnel
TS inside that as opposed to pure TS.

To paraphrase Shrek (and I think someone else on this list), security is
like onions. There are lots of layers.

HTH

Wes Noonan, MCSE/CCNA/CCDA/NNCSS/Security+
Senior QA Rep.
BMC Software, Inc.
(713) 918-2412
wnoonan () bmc com