Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Blocking email through the web services

From: "Noonan, Wesley" <Wesley_Noonan () bmc com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:15:42 -0600

Agreed. There are so many webmail services that it is near impossible to
block if someone really wants to access them. For example, many Mom and Pop
ISP's have webmail services that can connect to any POP server, meaning you
would need to block all of them if you really want to keep people from
accessing external mail.

Like Paul says, this is a people policy issue that requires a people policy
solution. Have your users sign an AUP, then enforce penalties when people
violate the AUP.

Thanks.

Wes Noonan, MCSE/CCNA/CCDA/NNCSS/Security+
Senior QA Rep.
BMC Software, Inc.
(713) 918-2412
wnoonan () bmc com