Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: ISA to PIX VPN connection

From: "Claussen, Ken" <Ken () kccweb com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 07:18:09 -0500

Wes,
It appears the Pix does support a IPSec/L2TP VPN according to this link
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_tech_note09186a
0080094e6d.shtml
This link shows a confifguration for straight IPSec between Win2K and a
Pix (No L2TP).
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_e
xample09186a00800b12b5.shtml#pix_config
Here is a config for L2TP over IPSec between Win2K and Pix.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_e
xample09186a00800942ad.shtml
(Watch word wrap on links)
Did you find out anything new when you went on site? Have you run into
any error codes or specific problems yet?
As I said before I think ISA will only affect your ability to send
traffic from the LAN side into the tunnel. It should not impact the
tunnel establishment itself unless you are using the Packet Filter
feature. The Packet Filters Allow you to define Custom Filters by
protocol number, this should work for ESP and AH. The Packet Filtering
component only affects traffic destined fro the ISA server itself. After
that you will likely need Protocol Rules for the traffic you want to
allow into the tunnel. If my guess is correct the IPSec configuration
itself will remain unchanged(compared with a non-ISA Win2k Server). HTH.

Ken Claussen MCSE(NT42K) CCNA CCA
"In Theory it should work as you describe, but the difference between
theory and reality is the truth! For this we all strive"