Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: MTU issue routing traffic via Cisco GRE tunnel to Nokia/Check Point firewall

From: rainer.ginsberg () basf-it-services com
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:33:37 +0100

We have been suffering an issue to do with Checkpoint, Cisco GRE tunnels
and MTU size for a number of months now, and I thought it might be worth
posting a description of our problem on this list in case someone is able
to help.  We feel that we have exhausted most avenues of trying to
troubleshoot this issue.

You might try the solution SK14995 of Check Point's knowledge base. It
suggest to set "fw_clamp_tcp_mss = true" in objects_5_0.C in conjunction
with tuning the MTU size of the Interface in question.

Best regards,
Rainer