Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Cisco 506E and CP NG VPN Problems

From: "Melson, Paul" <PMelson () sequoianet com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:49:22 -0400

I don't believe that the problem is with the PIX configuration.  More likely, the Check Point firewall has a rule for
the VPN tunnel that looks something like this:

SRC             DST             IF VIA  SERVICE ACTION
[your_net]      [his_net]       [vpn_comm]      * Any           accept

The Check Point firewall needs another rule that switches the source and destination objects.  For him to be able to
initiate a VPN tunnel to your PIX, his firewall needs to have a rule where his network is the source and yours is the
destination that is "IF VIA" the same VPN extranet community as the existing rule.  For example:

SRC             DST             IF VIA  SERVICE ACTION
[his_net]       [your_net]      [vpn_comm]      * Any           accept

Hope that helps!

PaulM