Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Antivirus on a free UN*X (Linux/*BSD) platform

From: Luca Berra <bluca () comedia it>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 21:14:28 +0200

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 12:50:53AM +0100, Luca Berra wrote:
On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 11:35:35PM +0100, Meco wrote:
I want a TRANSPARENT antivirus check.
I want to permit user to use their usual pop3/imap/smtp server, and check their mail for virus in a TRANPARENT way. I want the firewall / antivirus to decode the mail application protocol (at minimum smtp, pop3), find attachment in email, and do an antivirus check on them. This kind of stuff can be done with a lot of TRANPARENT http proxy server (M$ ISA, Squid, etc), how can it be done with SMTP?

hi, i have no clue of something that does transparent virus scanning for

well i found something for pop3, following a discussion in an italian
mailing-list (ml () sikurezza it)

http://pop3vscan.sourceforge.net/

Rgrds,
L.