Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Tunnel intruder

From: "Josh Welch" <jwelch () buffalowildwings com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 18:48:15 -0500

"Jim MacLeod" <jmacleod () earthling net>  said:
There's a lot of FUD being touted by firewall vendors about the
possibility
of a home computer being hacked, then the attacker using that computer's
VPN connection to the office to break into the company network.

I can see this as a possibility and realize that we could easily get into
an extended discussion of the probability/impossibility/inevitability of
it
occurring.  I personally want to avoid speculation.

Does anybody know of an actual incident where this attack was used,
successfully or not?

Thanks,
-Jim

Wasn't this the source of the compromise in Microsoft's network a couple
years ago?

Josh