Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Tunnel intruder

From: Jim MacLeod <jmacleod () earthling net>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 16:21:03 -0700

There's a lot of FUD being touted by firewall vendors about the possibility of a home computer being hacked, then the attacker using that computer's VPN connection to the office to break into the company network.

I can see this as a possibility and realize that we could easily get into an extended discussion of the probability/impossibility/inevitability of it occurring. I personally want to avoid speculation.

Does anybody know of an actual incident where this attack was used, successfully or not?

Thanks,
-Jim