Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Annoying pop-ups

From: Mikael Olsson <mikael.olsson () clavister com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:12:43 +0100

Crispin Cowan wrote:

While I agree wholeheartedly with THIS:

I wish a filthy pox on the web developers who decided that javascript
was an acceptable way to do web site navigation.

, I think you've missed out on something, as I see you posting THIS:

Neither XP nor personal firewalls will stop annoying pop-ups, and they
have nothing to do with ports. They result from having javascript
enabled in your web browser.

Please peruse the below link to learn about the newfangled evil
that spammers and microsoft have inflicted upon us:

http://www.stopmessengerspam.com/

--
Mikael Olsson, Clavister AB
Storgatan 12, Box 393, SE-891 28 ÖRNSKÖLDSVIK, Sweden

"Senex semper diu dormit"