Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: CERT vulnerability note VU# 539363

From: "Stephen Gill" <gillsr () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:34:52 -0500

Don't drop legitimate connections and try not to allow yourself to get
to the point where new connections can't be established either, assuming
you are well within your means of handling the load
(traffic/pps/memory/etc...).

The key is to make optimum use of those resources - in this case the
session table.

-- steve