Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

HOW TO Guide for testing firewalls?

From: "Teal, Robert" <RTeal () dbr com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:03:44 -0400

A non-profit I volunteer for is going to be buying software firewalls for
their loaner laptops. I was wondering if anyone knows of a guide for testing
firewalls. I'd like to know of some testing tools to scan ports, send
different types of pings, emulate attacks and what I should look for in the
logs. A step by step "how to" would be great.

If you want to make sure I'm on the up and up, contact me. Thanks

Robert Teal
Manager, Information Services
Drinker, Biddle & Reath
415-591-7563
robert.teal () dbr com

This message contains information which may be confidential and
privileged.  Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or
disclose to anyone the
message or any information contained in the message.  If you have
received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail
@dbr.com, and delete the message.

Thank you very much