Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FWTK and smap/smapd

From: Kevin Steves <kevin () atomicgears com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:19:12 -0700

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 07:50:40AM -0500, Behm, Jeffrey L. wrote:
My situation is that I want to build an email gateway, located in a DMZ that
simply accepts email from the Internet, and forwards into the Internal
network (and vice versa - i.e. accept from Internal network and forward to
Internet).

I really just want Gauntlet's smap/smapd functionality as the receiver, in
conjunction with sendmail as the deliverer. It doesn't seem morally right to
just strip the code from an existing Gauntlet, so this lead me to the FWTK
site. Looking for the last released version I found:

I use Postfix for this.  It's very simple to setup in this
configuration.

OpenBSD has smtpd/smtpfwdd which uses the same model as smap/smapd and
has a BSD license.  This is from the Obtuse Juniper firewall toolkit.

--
Kevin Steves     | kevin () atomicgears com
Atomic Gears LLC | http://www.atomicgears.com/