Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: CP FW1 802.1q

From: Scott Walker Register <scott.register () us checkpoint com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:42:47 -0500

FYI...

Nokia:
VLANs are supported on FW-1/Nokia on IPSO 3.5 or later and FW-1 NG FP2 or later.
This combination supports up to 64 VLAN interfaces.  There is a hotfix available
from Nokia or Check Point support which will raise this limit to 256 interfaces,
and this limit will be further raised in future releases.

Solaris:
We support VLANs on Solaris 8 (64-bit) with NG FP1 or later.  We've tested the
Sun Gigaswift and SySKonnect SK-98xx interfaces.

Windows:
Intel VLANs are supported on NT 4.0 SP6a (not Win2k) under NG FP1.

Linux:
Check Point's SecurePlatform and specific Linux-based appliances support VLANs, but
prior to Red Hat 7.3 the only way to get VLAN support was to get the Ben Greear drivers
and compile the kernel yourself, and CP doesn't support end-user-compiled kernels.  RH7.3
has VLAN support and NG FP3 will support RH7.3 and Linux VLANs.

-SwR