Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FWTK and smap/smapd

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () center osis gov>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:16:25 -0400

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 08:20:27AM -0700, Roger Marquis wrote:
Postfix's smtpd is essentially smap on steroids.  ...

I did not know that the Obtuse 'smtpd' was being distributed with
'postfix'.  It does roughly the same thing as 'smap'.

I would not consider "using 'postfix' as a proxy" to be the same thing
as "using 'smtpd' as a proxy," however.  The latter is better then the
former.  I don't know if anyone has gone through it with an eye to
security auditing, though.  I would appreciate hearing if anyone has.

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () center osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support                                     EMT-B