Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Gauntlet 6.0

From: "Roy stevens" <geeky_1 () mail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:45:32 -0500

<SNIP>
The docs are good, but you really need hands-on experience, even just
an antique Ultra-1 which just barely boots with the sofware loaded.

I've built a Solaris-8 'jumpstart' server that does 100% of the OS install
work and 60% of the firewall installation, so I can build and destroy
Gauntlet 6.0 firewalls without typing much more than 'boot net - install'.

As part of this process I've stripped down the list of installed clusters
and patches to the bare minimum necessary to run, administer, and debug the
firewall- I believe I actually install less of Solaris than the E-ppliance.
I'd be happy to publish the install scripting details here or elsewhere.
</SNIP>

I would like to see what your Solaris install looks like.  I have been after Gauntlet support for a minimal list but
they will only say what the startup guide states, developer.  I have not had time to experiment.  Since you have a
functional install I would like to see your install list.

--

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup