Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Netscreen 50

From: "Boni Bruno" <bbruno () dsw net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:39:01 -0800

Malcolm,

Netscreen is a fine firewall with a lot of features for the money.
However, the Netscreen 50 does not have device redundancy where as
the NS 100 and above do have device redundancy with ms fail over.  This
is an important feature to consider for future expansion and obviously
avoiding a single point of failure.  The NS 100 is also 10K, but its
replacement is the NS 204 which is around 12K.  If you can afford a
little
more, the NS 204 offers much more growth and can easily be configured in
a redundant manner in the future when your finances allows it.

Plus you get an additional DMZ port on the NS204 (total of 4), and 8
ports
total with the NS208 option, but the NS208 may be out of your price
range.

Cheers,

-boni bruno

Message: 3