Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Netscreen firewall and portscans?

From: Michael Walter <mwalter () wholehealthnet com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:25:52 -0500

Hey Tracy,

Just a quick note on your message: You seem to make the assumption that SYN
scanning is the only method of port scanning.  There are actually several
methods of doing a port scan without sending syn flags.  I'd recommend
http://www.insecure.org/nmap/nmap_doc.html for some interesting reading on
the subject.

Michael J. Walter
RHCE, MCDBA, MCSE, CCNA, CCA, A+