Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Email Appliances

From: Mikael Olsson <mikael.olsson () clavister com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 20:58:42 +0200

Paul Robertson wrote:

[...] if you have one of those layer 8[1] problems.
[1] Political layer.

That would be layer 9, since the layer 8 security problem is, simply,
"users"[2]. "Execs" are typically layered above "users" in full conformance
with basic layering principles[3].

/Mike

[2] I'm still upset about not getting to finish last year's Defcon TCP/IP
    drinking game with that question. &%#¤#¤  (Hey, I was thirsty!)

[3] A high-abstraction layer doesn't know anything about what really
    goes on in the lower layers, it simply uses them.[4]

[4] More footnotes than message body. Uh oh.