Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Email Appliances

From: Richard Threadgill <richardt () midgard net>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 10:59:26 -0700

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0208021330110.17850-100000 () adams patriot net>Paul Rob
ertson writes
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Behm, Jeffrey L. wrote:

Put them *behind* a modern, well-maintained, well-written mail system.
(my personal choice is Postfix- IMO, Postfix, Qmail and Exim are the best
choices in that order.)  I place the order based on how much I like using
each product, but Postfix also has the management FUD-reducer of also
being called the "IBM Secure Mailer" if you have one of those layer 8[1]
problems that's Open Source adverse.

When we built Webshield, the first rev was based on qmail
(postfix did not yet exist), and the followup product was based
on postfix.

RichardT
Founder,
Ponte Communications