Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: RE:Vulnerability Scanners ( was: concerning ~el8 / project mayhem )

From: Dave Piscitello <dave () corecom com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:40:44 -0400

If by training you also mean awareness, I agree.

Certain companies do a commendable job explaining the risk lax security and inappropriate use and moreover, the *direct* cost to every individual in the company, in "balance sheet" effects to share prices, salaries, bonuses and dividends. They engage employees in the process, give them ownership of the problem, and ask that each employee be responsible and accept accountability.

They have fewer security incidents than other companies of like size I've worked for, without the Draconian practices.