Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

weird browser behavior...possible compromise...any ideas?

From: WebMaster () rbfcu org
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 09:06:29 -0500

Home XP computer on DSL running norton system works...IE is VERY slow...you
put your cursor in the address bar and type...and it's 20 seconds or so
before the letters appear.  You go to any site, and it takes quite a while
for the page to come up.  So I installed NS 6.2 thinking it's just a
browser corruption.  When I bring up NS, and don't do anything, words start
appearing in the address bar...

something like this.

......start appearing then the word *to* then the word *you* then some more
.....'s

And if you put your cursor in the address bar to type a url, the message
overrides what you're typing.

Any ideas folks?  This ones got me stumped...

Thanks,
Michael Sorbera
Intelligent Computer Services