Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Protecting publicly reacheable servers (e.g. HTTP)?

From: TDyson () sybex com
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 07:33:21 -0800

Symantec's SEF (aka Raptor) does enforce some pretty rigid requirements on
HTTP packet formation.  It can also be used to filter allowable requests
based on regex.

One review of firewalls a year ago found that Raptor was the only firewall
to block some content based exploit they tried.

Thom Dyson
Director of Information Services
Sybex, Inc.