Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: CISSP

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:50:23 -0500 (EST)

Sean,

Please, do understand, I am not directing any attacks at you.  I'm arguing
my ideals and points against yours, only that.  But, I do see a general
lack of skills in the industry, and face them all the time, as the bottom
line gets in the way of paying for the 'skills' that it takes time and
experience for people to gain.  Common sense in the It industry at large
is lacking, let's face it, that in and of iteself makes all our jobs that
much harder.  If only because we are not only battling against that idiot
admin across the country/globe that has refused to patch their systems for
more then 6 months and did little to harden their exposed systems in the
first place, think codered and nimda as an example here and expand upon
it, as well as having to take on more then our far share at our
own company cause our fellow employees take no pride in their workmanship
and are only interested in taking home a paycheck, whether or not the
money was earned, MCSE/CISSP aside.  I've never cared much how many SANS
conferences people I've worked with attended, and some sure attnded quite
a few, while getting paid, and learned absolutly nothing!, nor how many
letters they can place after their signatures, as long as when they rollup
their sleeves and pound the keyboard it was for something other the web
surfing.

But, please, take nothing I say here as a direct attack upon yourself.
I actually like the way you argure your points <smile>, we might well be
friends if placed in co-joined offices or cubes!  No matter how loudly we
might argue our points...

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne