Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: PIX questions

From: Evan Wagner <ewagner () Radix Net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 11:29:52 -0400 (EDT)

access-lists are intended as a replacement to conduit commands.

This will help:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_v53/config/commands.htm

Here is a decent tool for analyzing your configuration (you must have
an account on cco.cisco.com. I've included a bit of info about the tool
and the link follows:

For the Cisco PIX Firewall, the Output Interpreter now supports the "write
terminal" command. The tool will review the basic configuration of your
PIX Firewall, identify errors, and provide security and performance tips.

For instant router and PIX Firewall problem analysis and suggestions for
problem resolution, please visit the Output Interpreter tool at:

http://www.cisco.com/support/OutputInterpreter/
(available to registered users)

--Evan