Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewall-1 diff?

From: mike <michael.seeger () mchh siemens de>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:01:36 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I am working on writing a Firewall-1 "diff" script, that will be able to
highlight changes from one snapshot to the next.
..
Has anybody done something like this before, or am I the only person who
sees a need for a tool that does this?

i wrote a small program that runs in the background on the managment station
and checks the gui-logfile ($FWDIR/log/cpmgmt.aud for fw1 v4.1) for policy changes.
If such an event is detected the approriate files are checked in by cvs. This
works nice and reliable only backdraw is it requires some expertise to
interpret the output of the 'cvs diff'

Next step is to modify this to use cvs over the net (non anonymous)
tunneled for example by stunnel.

If anyone is interested drop me a mail

Regards Michael
--