Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Problem accessing Cisco TFTP Server

From: "S. Jonah Pressman" <jonah () istar ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:33:31 -0500

Alister:

Be sure that you have the correct syntax for the "write net" command as follows:

    write net <directory path>/<configuration name>

The directory path must be the same as the directory path defined on your TFTP
server.
Also beware of the obvious - TFTP (tcp/69) is very different than FTP (tcp/21)

Best Regards,
Jonah

Alister wrote:

Hi All

I'm currently having grief using the CISCO TFTP server with a PIX 515
Firewall. The server is installed behind the firewall, on a win2000 box. A
directory is setup on the server for the config files. The TFTP server is
entered into the Firewall. However when I run a 'write net :' I receive an
'unspecified error'

I'm not convinced the TFTP server is installed correctly or that I'm missing
some permissions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ali