Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: (no subject)

From: "Kalat, Andrew (ISS Atlanta)" <akalat () iss net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 13:28:40 -0500

Good day,
        Sure, you could do this. For you're situation, you might want to
look at something like snort, and have it monitor your external network
interface. Although, personally, I feel it's more useful to see the things
that actually make it through my firewall. Spending time chasing attacks
that bounce off the firewall is usually a futile measure. Knowing it
happened is good, but I don't want to be woken up in the middle of the night
over it. <g>

Andrew Kalat