Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

LDAP and Strong Auth

From: Jeff Newton <Jeff_Newton () pmc-sierra com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:07:02 -0800 (PST)

Has anyone deployed LDAP with SecurID or Secure Computing's SafeWord
Plus?  I am primarily interested in interoperability, and redundancy
issues.

As far as I can tell, RSA expects its ACE server to the first point of
client authentication.  The ACE server either auths those with tokens
or retrieves passwords from the LDAP store.  SafeWord Plus looks like
it incorporates a v2/v3 LDAP directory server.

As for redundancy, I have never been a fan of ACE server's master and
slave topology, especially with many remote WAN-dependent offices.
SafeWord Plus is supposedly peer-to-peer.

I would welcome any advice or tails from the trenches on this topic
(offline if more appropriate).

Cheers,

----
Jeff Newton