Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: automated updating

From: "Yoann LeCorvic" <yoann.lecorvic () infrasoft-civil com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:22:26 +0000

Hi

I have the same situation.

I would allow ftp traffic with a STATEFUL Filter. Which means the connection is only possible if initiated from your
DMZ, and not from the Internet.

I thinks this is pretty safe, especially if you use NAT as well...

Cheers

Yoann Le Corvic - Internet Administrator
Email : yoann.lecorvic () infrasoft-civil com
Web : http://www.infrasoft-civil.com/
========================
Infrasoft Ltd
North Heath Lane
Horsham, West Sussex RH12 5QE
United Kingdom
Tel : +44 (0)1403 259511
Fax : +44 (0)1403 217728

"sh lee" <work72 () asia1 com> 11/01/01 01:37:55 >>>
I have a virus scanner in my web server in the DMZ which
requires automated updating using ftp to the vendor's
server. I know there is a risk if I opened the FTP service
at the FW but what's the other alternative then ?

Currently, I am updating the virus signature manually.

Pls. advise.

Lee